Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Visit to Taktshang

I clearly remember that day as if it was yesterday. It was a beautiful April morning. I was on tour to thimphu and the day before i got a call from my mom saying she wanted to go to Taktshang. So all of a sudden I planned to go with her since i knew that i couldnot have gone on my own. When i told my plan to my friend she agreed to go with us. So we took her car, rather i drove the car till the foothills of Taktshang.

It was early morning and the weather was pleasant. We started our uphill journey enjoying the scenery around. We met couple of people on the way either coming down or going up and exchanged pleasantries. When we reached the spot from where we can see Taktshang clearly, the view was simply breathtaking and i couldnot believe that i had managed to reach there. I always used to feel that i would never be able to go there since i had some problem with my leg. But i was proved wrong, since where there is a will there is a way. And i think when you make up your mind to visit some holy place, then nothing is going to stop you.

But a funny incident happened when i was there in one of the lhakangs. I was deeply praying and didnot realize that everyone had left the room and even the Kenyar had left the room and locked me inside. It was only when my friend realised i was missing, that they opened the door and found me inside. So this was some experience for me...

No comments: